Leveling up your games with the cutting-edge technologies found in the biggest blockbusters just got a lot simpler. As of today, Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) developers can now access DLSS as a plugin for Unreal Engine 4.26. Additionally, NVIDIA Reflex is now available as a feature in Unreal Engine. The NVIDIA RTX UE4 4.25 and 4.26 branches have also received updates.
NVIDIA DLSS Plugin for UE4
DLSS is a deep learning super resolution network that boosts frame rates by rendering fewer pixels and then using AI to construct sharp, higher resolution images. Dedicated computational units on NVIDIA RTX GPUs called Tensor Cores accelerate the AI calculations, allowing the algorithm to run in real-time. DLSS pairs perfectly with computationally intensive rendering algorithms such as real-time ray tracing. The technology has been used to increase performance in a broad range of games, including Fortnite, Cyperpunk 2077, Minecraft, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, and Death Stranding.
DLSS is now available for the first time for UE4 as a plugin, compatible with UE4.26. Enjoy great scaling across all GeForce RTX GPUs and resolutions, including the new ultra performance mode for 8K gaming.
Access the NVIDIA DLSS plugin for UE4 here.
NVIDIA Reflex is a toolkit to measure, debug and improve CPU+GPU latency in competitive multiplayer games. It is now available to all developers through UE4 mainline.
In addition to UE4 titles such as Fortnite, developers such as Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft, Riot, Bungie and Respawn are using Reflex now. Pull the latest change list from UE4 mainline today to improve system latency in your game.
Updates to NVIDIA RTX UE 4.25 and 4.26.1
The new NVIDIA UE 4.25 and 4.26.1 Branches offer all of the benefits of mainline UE4.25 and UE4.26.1, while providing some additional features:
- Fixes for instanced static mesh culling (including foliage)
- Option to mark ray tracing data as high-priority to the memory manager to avoid poor placement of data in memory overflow conditions
- Introduced threshold for recomputing ray tracing representation for landscape tiles
- Compatibility fixes for building certain targets
- Inexact occlusion test support for shadows and ambient occlusion
Download the latest branch here to benefit from all of NVIDIA’s cutting-edge features.
Pushing PC Gaming to New Levels
With our work with ray tracing, DLSS and Reflex, NVIDIA is revolutionizing what is possible from a GPU.
- Ray tracing and DLSS are supported in the biggest PC game launch ever – Cyberpunk 2077.
- Ray tracing and DLSS is supported in the most popular game – Minecraft.
- Reflex has been adopted by 7 of the Top 10 competitive shooters – Call of Duty: Warzone, Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, Valorant, Fortnite, Apex Legends, Overwatch and Rainbow Six: Siege
Now all Unreal Engine developers can easily use these same technologies in your games, thanks to UE4 integration.
Learn more about other NVIDIA developer tools and SDKs available for game developers here.